To be a globally competitive organization in provision of adequate and decent housing in a sustainable environment and coordinated urban development
To facilitate access to adequate and decent housing and prepare urban plans for sustainable development
The functions for the State Department for Housing and Urban Development in the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development are derived from the Executive Order No.1/2016.
Among them are the;
- Housing Policy
- Development and Management of Affordable Housing
- Management of Building and Construction Standards and Codes
- Shelter and Slum Upgrading
- Registration of Contractors and Materials Suppliers Building Research Services
- Urban Planning and Development.